Winter Romance

I wrote this a month ago...wonder why I didn't post it....

As winter knocks at my doorstep, people seem to sulk more but I am happy to experience it all, the dreadfully dull days, the cold wind and rain, the snow, the Christmas shopping crowds, the tube rush hour...

Yesterday, while walking down a quiet London Street I couldn't help but feel merry despite the cold and grey weather. It was so romantic and for a few moments time almost stood still. It was a very cold dark evening. The delicious crunch of golden autumn leaves beneath my feet drowned the din of traffic in the distance. The street looked like a maple carpet with shades of gold, red and amber.

The university clock chimed 6 O'clock. Wrapped up in my woollens, bracing the wind, I passed by a small square strewn with autumn leaves. It had a lonely gazebo in the centre. The street lights cast a warm golden glow on the quite street.  I stopped and took a deep breath to cherish the moment before walking on into the darkness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 - Tricksy Hobbitses - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template