Stroke of Light

This is a picture that I took almost by mistake. To me it proves that effects are not just for fancy SLR wielding photographers(read hubby who’s quite awesome with his and spends loads of time and money on it ). In fact creativity just requires some simple thinking and playing around with your instrument of choice. The beauty of this snapshot is that it just happened. 
It was towards the end of a longish day at the Thames Festival when I was juggling shopping, handbag, umbrella, food and my humble but very reliable point and shoot, in my hands while trying to capture the fairy lights that had just come on giving a lovely warm and festive feel to the Southbank. As I fumbled with my camera and stuff around my shoulder, arm, palm and fingers, (it’s amazing how much stuff you can manage to carry if you make good use of space) I saw this effect on the LCD screen as the camera moved and thought, “ hey that lP1020266ooks good!” I could create this effect as I click to get a dissolve or what I like to call “the twirl or even swirl” effect! Well, I nearly dropped all my things in the excitement of this unexpected discovery and went on to click a couple of shots.
This one here, is my favourite, goes to show that creativity can happen in the most unlikely circumstances. How do you achieve this? While clicking just rotate your camera… and lo and behold! You can change exposure to create different strokes of light. Now, how cool is that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 - Tricksy Hobbitses - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template