My Favourite Things

"Raindrops on Roses n Whiskers on Kittens,
Bright copper kettles n warm woollen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with string,
These are a few of my favourite things...."

Who hasn't heard this song from Sound of Music and wanted to draw up their own list and sing it to this tune :)
Well at least I have.

I'm not about to put down a poem of my favs, but I am starting a chain, if you will, of mails that have a common thread - these are thing I absolutely love; love to eat, love to be in, love to see, love to do, etc etc. 

Whenever I stumble across something that I take to instantly (as if something clicks in my head) my enthusiasm knows no bounds and I have to share the joy with friends and really everyone around. The reason? There is a chance you might like this too and I'll be glad to inject some pleasure into your life.

So here's my first indulgence :)

A French Affair
I have an incorrigible sweet tooth. I feel incomplete if my meals don’t end with dessert. So it was just a matter of time before I encountered the femme fatale of desserts. 
I had read and heard a lot about the delectable French Patisserie but nothing in world can prepare you for the burst of flavour and fragrance that hits you when you sit down to enjoy one. And sit you must, at leisure (though I can guarantee it won’t take much time to finish one…they’re irresistible), and sigh…almost moan between mouthfuls…hmmm….

My rendezvous with French patisserie was destined for Patisserie Valerie at Soho. After a rather informational tour at the British Museum, my husband and I headed to Soho for dinner. While walking around deciding where to eat we passed by Patisserie Valerie and I was drawn to the delicious window display. The tarts and gateaux were glistening in the store light. We decided we had to stop by post dinner.

I hurried through my dinner in anticipation of the dessert :) We were shown to our table and I ordered the gorgeous Selva Gateau, while my husband being the sceptic, non foodie and someone who won't touch white creamy dessert, decided to have a cafe au lait.
The gateau arrived and I was smitten! The first mouthful felt like I had eaten a cloud! It was so soft and just melted in my mouth. My husband finally tried a spoonful, half embarrassed by my expressions and half by my enthusiasm. And guess what he's a convert! He loves the stuff and every time we go to London a trip to Patisserie Valerie is mandatory!

We even brought back one to savour later! hmm....blisssss

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 - Tricksy Hobbitses - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template