Food Glorious Food!

So here I am sitting by my window watching the world go by and sipping chilled cloudy lemonade. What a wonderful feeling this is! I love food; especially when it sounds like it’s right out of Enid Blyton’s book. (Not because I’m a wannabe but because I’ve grown up reading them and imagined myself in that world.) I’m one of those people who thinks about her next meal all the time. I believe that you must try the local cuisine of any place you visit/live in. You may end up with several disasters but you do discover some gems as well, like the local delis and bakeries.

I went for a walk earlier today and picked up a chicken and mushroom puff pie from a local bakery. Then I just sat by the sidewalk outside and enjoyed the steaming hot crispy puff. I think i did such a good job of it that several passers-by saw me and were enticed to go into the bakery for something. Well that may not be true but I like to think of it like that.

Then yesterday, I went to this local farmer’s market and bought some farm fresh strawberries, whose fragrance is filling my room with the most delicious scent. I love the sweet & sour taste of the berries but if some of them are too sharp, I just dip them in Nutella and eat them. God bless whoever thought of mixing hazelnut with chocolate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 - Tricksy Hobbitses - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template