My heart is in the mountains.


I truly believe so. Whenever I've been to Himachal - I feel like I've come home. I yearn to make a trip to the mountains. The magnificent scenery...........the feeling of being one with nature reaches out deep within and touches my soul. I wish i could stay on forever.

Even though the beautiful countryside is now dotted with evidences of commercialization the spirit of the place lives on. For me, journeying through Himachal was a spiritual journey. It helped me reconnect with my self.

The serenity of the locales, the magnificence of the mountains that stuns you into a reverent silence, the sunrise and sunset, the various shades the sky takes on, as if, God's playing with his paint brush, the lush green valley and gushing streams, the wild flowers along the way side, the little paths that lead to nowhere are unforgettable memories that are deeply ingrained in me.

If Himachal was a song, it would be a romantic ballad. It's any true romantic's paradise. I'm sure if the poets' from the lake district were to find a place in India that helped them recreate their works of art they would chose Himachal for inspiration.

I'm an escapist by nature, and Himachal is my favourite destination.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 - Tricksy Hobbitses - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template